Pirineos winery is the founding winery of Somontano. It is deeply rooted in society and has staunch support thanks to the participation of over 200 winemakers from the regional cooperative.
Together with the backing of a major wine company and the finest wine professionals in Somontano, Pirineos boasts historic, unirrigated vineyards beautifully adapted to the rural environment.
Respect for the past. Tradition. A commitment to the future. Innovation. International grapes alongside indigenous varieties of great oenological value. Fusion.
Our inimitable wines are born from a unique land and age in the Somontano microclimate until becoming solid, original and personal wines. They are the fruit of perfect balance between international grapes and indigenous varieties of great enological value.
- DESIGNATION OF ORIGINSomontano
- YEAR FOUNDED1.993
- SHAREHOLDING STRUCTURE
76% Barbadillo y 24% Somontano Regional Cooperative
- PRODUCT PLAN72.000 m2.
- BARREL CELLAR3000 barrels
- BARRELS75% Americano oak y 25% French oak
- TOTAL TANK CAPACITY50.000 hectolitres
- ANNUAL PRODUCTION IN LITRES3.100.000 litres
- ANNUAL PRODUCTION IN BOTTLES4.000.000 bottles
- WINERY-OWNED & CONTROLLED VINEGARDS950 hectares
- WHITE GRAPE VARIETIES
Macabeo, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer y Sauvignon Blanc
- RED GRAPE VARIETIES
Tempranillo, Garnacha, Merlot Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah, Parraleta y Moristel
- SPECIFIC SOIL TYPESandy
- HARVEST STYLEManual and mechanical
- QUALITY CERTIFICATIONSBRC – IFS